Friday, December 12, 2008

A Story of Christmas Joy!

Because of people like you, last year Sandy wrote:

Dearest Vision House,

My family and I want to send our deepest gratitude to you and everyone who blessed us through the holiday season.

Looking back just one year ago, I could see me and my children very excited about the holidays and all of the wonderful aspects surrounding them. However, prior to this holiday season I found myself almost forgetting those feelings and having a sense of dread about what was upcoming. You can never predict yourself as being homeless and struggling to be cheerful so my children won’t have to see me depressed was a daily chore and I wasn’t sure how I was going to hold up for Christmas.

The girls and I were so overwhelmed this year with all of the support and generosity that we received. To see my children’s face light up on Christmas morning made me forget about this hard period in our lives and helped me find again that wonderful feeling of how blessed we truly are, and what our faith in the Lord really means. He is my strongest support system and I am so grateful to everyone He has surrounded me with. To visually see strangers give of their time, energy and hope to us has left me so fulfilled with faith love and understanding for me and my family. I can now finally see a positive outcome to this hard and painful time in our lives and I can finally say and believe that “we will be ok.”

I may never be able to show how much gratitude I have towards everyone who helped us this holiday season, by please know that you are truly a blessing in me and my children’s lives and the impact you have made will never be forgotten. God bless.

No comments: